Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New song + New look + Taking pre-orders now + Personal notes

Hey hey. So here we are, and I can finally put up a sneak-peek of a song that is one of the headliners of the album. So I invite you to swing by and give it a listen. It's only been like a year since the last new song was posted =P better yet, listen to the first three all in a row. That way you'll get an impression of the new album. The first consecutive impression. Then come back and give me some muchly-needed feedback.

I'm curious. What do you think of the new look? The new song? When you hear the first three all in a row, do you get the vague idea of where this album is heading?

The album has sixteen full-length songs (It will be over 70 minutes in length!).
And when you at last hear it you'll understand where the last few years have gone. I am just so sorry I couldn't get this to you before Xmas. i tried, I really did *Sigh*.

Oh and the new logo, of the guy in the hat, is a character called "Mr Corporation". That's all I can say, till you hear the song of the same name that is.

In addition, we are now taking pre orders on "The Orwellian Night". This is a way for the band to off-set the cost of this album, and the fact that we're going to lose a lot of money by missing Xmas. Those of you who go this route will get a little extra something special - pieces of the making of this album. Notes of edits, loose-leaf, etc. Just stuff that I used to make the record. It will be signed and numbered, because of course, there isn't much of it and I want it to mean something. Just a little enticement =P

So once Tom Baker (NIN, Marilyn Manson, Judas Priest, Matrix Soundtracks) masters the record it will go to press and then be available for ordering. New estimated drop-date is Feb / Mar 2010. This time around we will only have the Hard Copy available through our myspace page and homepage. And it will be an even more limited number than Soldiers was.

Oh yeah and before I forget, if you are one of those people that bought "Soldiers in a War of the Mind" through iTunes do you think I can get you to throw up a review of it on there? We could use a bunch more on iTunes, i don't know when they started the whole review thing but it's an awesome feature that we could use some help in :)

Anyway guys, now that all the blunt stuff is out of the way I can ask about you. So how are you? How are you spending your Xmas? I'm spending it at home, going to have a cozy dinner with friends and curl up with a good book or two. Watch some new films and stuff. Avatar. Sherlock Holmes. The Grinch that Stole Xmas. Keep it quiet. That kind of thing.

It's been a very stressful year and I don't feel I've taken any time really to sit and take it all in. The last couple weeks have been very strange for me. Once the record was shipped off for mastering to LA I found myself sitting around and twiddling my thumbs, in a state of high anxiety and strange worry, simply because I don't have any editing to do. Almost like I lost my purpose. Going through an orientation phase.

There is a tremendous amount of very hard work ahead. And there is absolutely no way in hell I am going to be able to do it on my own. In order for this whole thing to work, we're going to have to do it together. This band does not have a record label. It only has you really. You've shown TM great support over the years, and I am supremely grateful. I hope it continues.

The plan is to release all the songs on myspace in due time, one by one, cycling them through (back-to-back days, so every day a new song comes up). Then you'll get an idea of what this album will sound like. But you'll have to wait a bit longer for that to happen. The versions up right now are all unmastered (Gah!), and i don't feel great about putting them up in their current state. (Though I do realize you need something to go on!)

Once the band is up-to-speed and rehearsed we plan on touring for the first time (I know, three records in and no tour? How crazy is that?) Such is the sacrifice of the indie route.

And then I plan to remaster and lengthen and re-release "The Awakening of the Animal", possibly as a double CD release. Man, i really didn't know how to mix back then (2002). I didn't even really know how to mix when working with "Soldiers in a War of the Mind" (2006). That's why it sound that raw. But I've learned. I was able to put everything into "The Orwellian Night". For the very first time in my life I feel I put everything in and didn't slack. And it sounds great. It could not have gone any other way, and I am proud of the work.

I am also very grateful to my colleagues Brian Hartlen, Brad Wutke, James Furlong and Dustin Fleming for the much needed help. Each added their own touch in their own way.

But I digress. I'm tired and a little hungry. Did I leave a spare muffin in the fridge?

With love,

-Sever
TRIBAL MACHINE

No comments:

Post a Comment