Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why the damned delay!?! This is a dispatch.

Here I am. I need only turn around and look at the gear all setup, looking ultra cool and professional. A life-time's work sitting and waiting for release. If my computerized studio system could show facial expressions it'd scowl at me right now. It would also say "fuck you asshole, I ain't lettin' you finish this fucking album because I need a defrag. Asshole. You're so fucking lazy."

It thinks I'm going to lose. It thinks you, the listener, is never going to hear it. It thinks my procrastination is greater than the sum of its parts. Well rest assured its wrong, and no, I'm not going crazy. Some of you may recall that years ago I'd blog and actually communicate with you. Talk to you as people not as numbers on my screen. I have a secret to tell you. I've been withholding communication. I've been saving it for post-release. But I must let the genie out of the bottle a little. Here we are. Me VS Mr. computer screen number two. So fucking faceless. You know, in the future computers are going to talk back, talk smack, and talk human. It might be you on the other end, or it might be a bunch of numbers and equations pretending to be human, fooling the simple circuitry evolution provided.

The fucking truth is, I miss you guys. I miss communicating. I've sequestered myself to finish this damned album for too long. Call it cabin fever. So what if two shots of vodka are involved? I swear ociffer my house is just around the corner.

You know, when inspiration strikes the greatest gift you can have is follow it through then and there, on the spot. Procrastination, waiting, hesitation, is the death of millions of good ideas. I'm not going to abscond on you. You know how much is left to do? 0.2%
That's just a few final edits on the in-betweens (continuation / flow or what-have-you). I have a few new toys lined up to help me finish the job. Tomorrow is a very very big day. It might be the last. And guess who gets it? I'm sending it to the best mastering engineer our genre has. The best in the world, in my opinion =P
His name is Tom Baker and he has mastered every Nine Inch Nails album since Broken, all the Marilyn Manson albums, Judas Priest, Beastie Boys, the Matrix soundtracks, Alice Cooper, Ministry, Rob Zombie, and countless others. So the next guy to hear this thing in full will be him, besides the band of course.

And soon you'll hear the final product, not in decrepit evolutionary stages of harrowing destructive editing as I've heard, but the final mastered works. I envy you, oh so much! If I was fifteen and was able to listen to this, aside from the fact that i am the creator, aside from my ego and the weight of rocks it carries, I'd be complete. I'd have a blast, like when i first heard Downward Spiral for the first time.

As a musician it's so difficult stepping outside yourself to enjoy the work. To enjoy it as a listener. It's next to impossible. All I've been hearing for over three fucking years is mistakes. What a terrible price to pay for this monster, for this beautiful work. I feel like a FOX news reporter always covering crime scenes. "And here folks we have the bullet fragment of the actual killer! What a terrible tragedy!"'

And then we have to manufacture the hard copies. Digital will be available as well of course. But I highly recommend the hard copy [CD] because this thing is TOTALLY designed to be listened in the best quality possible, front to back, as a concept album.
If you really hate CD's you'll be able to purchase a high-quality download from our website, www.tribalmachine.com [incidentally it'll have a face lift soon]. Anyway, don't waste the last four years of my life with mp3's! I'd much rather you listen to the real thing, in high fidelity. You'll thank me later.

So what's the fucking bad news? We might not be able to release it in time for Xmas. Which is terrible news because when a band releases an album after Xmas they... *drum rollll!!!* go broke! Combine that with the fact the music business is about as profitable as selling ice to eskimos these days. Fuck it. All of this is worth it.

So you may have been wondering. Why no samples in forever? Why no demos or single song uploads to whet our appetites? [it's been like a year since the last song upload, yet still so much interest!] I'm saving it for one big explosion. One release after another, day after day. That's all i can say, but when the time comes, you'll know. So hang in there. Stay subscribed, do what you got to do to get these dispatches. And don't be afraid to say hello.

I'm staring down the barrel of a shotgun. The shell is made of doubt, anxiety and worry, but I must persevere. I have absolutely nothing to lose so that's why this fucking project is going to finish. Only 0.2% to go. Tomorrow is a big day, like I said. A very VERY big day. I'll stare at my destiny in the mirror and we'll have a fight. A conversation, if you will. To persevere. Tomorrow the toys and the final round of completion. Then it must fly away, or I'll go crazy for real.

I won't leave you in the dark for such long stretches anymore. [Years!? Really?!]

I'm here and doing well. Pushing forward on my life's work. A work I'm proud of and grateful for. And when you at last hear it, at last feel the nuance, story, chaos, humanity and destruction, you'll understand. You'll see the why of it all. The reason. The method behind the madness. And until that moment, the moment when you hear it in its totality, these must remain simple words on your computer screen.

Not long to.

For now, over and out.

-Sever
TRIBAL MACHINE

P.S. For the die-hards. We still have some hard copies [CD's] left of the second record "Soldiers in a War of the Mind". You can order them from HERE. They are limited edition, and very special to us. Or you can get it from iTunes if you like digitals.

P.P.S. Myspace is not dead. You can hear me. We have each other.

P.P.P.S. There are videos coming too =P

No comments:

Post a Comment